Wednesday, March 23, 2011

THE THREE CABALLEROS publicity stills


I recently bought these two stills mostly because I really liked the way Donald was integrated into the photo. Easy to do today, but back then it would have required careful airbrushing.

Looking at the photo it is hard to imagine that just beyond the wall is Burbank, and that the set itself is sitting on the Disney parking lot. On the The Three Caballeros laserdisc is some great color behind the scenes footage of this sequence being shot. I wonder why it never appeared on the DVD release. In the footage B-52s can be seen flying by in the sky.

Now, is it true that the girls in these photos and the actual sequence are the ink and paint girls? I believe I heard somewhere that they were asked to bring their own swimsuits for the shoot.

No comments: